The meeting is getting closer and more info is available:
Registration and continental breakfast will begin at 8:45am. Remember, we will have the election of officers so make sure to attend the Business meeting which will begin at 9:15.
We have a great line-up of presentations and workshops.
- Presentations by astronomers Richard Harshaw and Jimmy Ray
o Speckle Interferomety and its role in double star research, – Richard Harshaw
o Kitt Peak’s McMath Solar Telescope – Jimmy Ray
- Workshop – Pinhole Cameras – Michael Canham
- “The Origin of Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity- Did It Come From Lorentz, Poincaré, and Minkowski?”, Steve Barr
- Workshop – Hands – on experiments using inexpensive and ordinary materials, Arnold Yanof
Also, here is a map with labels of CGC campus.
We have a location for the fall meeting on September 20, 2014. It will be at the Pecos Campus of Chandler-Gilbert Community College. The address is: 2626 East Pecos Road, Chandler, Arizona 85225-2499. Room Ironwood Hall 107/108. A campus map will be provided later.
Also, another presenter:
Michael Canham will do a presentation on “Pinhole Cameras in the Classroom” – Since I, Michael Canham, am the one writing this I can tell you that I am trying to plan for something BIG.
Here are the first two presenters:
- Steve Barr – “The Origin of Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity- Did It Come From Lorentz, Poincaré, and Minkowski? And What About FitzGerald?”. You may recall that Steve did the Ohm’s Law workshop last Fall.
- Arne Yanof – hands – on experiments for PHY112 which use inexpensive and ordinary materials.
We still need more presenters so any thoughts or suggestions you have will be much appreciated.
Register for the meeting now through our webpage – www.azaapt.org/membership.html
Looking forward to seeing you all there.